Community projects and service to the community is an integral part of our mission. Our members and youth are involved in many community activities that consolidate their sense of community responsibility while integrating multiple cultures and values.
Food Donation Drive, March 14th at GSSTL Center
If We All Work Together, We Can Deliver A Bag Full of Hope
On March 14th, Gujarati Samaj will be collecting canned goods and dry goods at our GSSTL CENTER, to donate to Team Food Pantry in Hazelwood.
Our food drive will help hungry families in our community. If EACH one of us brings 2 cans, we can make a big impact in the community of our new home. The food drive runs in parallel with our Grand Opening event.
Here are some of the items that the TEAM Food Pantry is in need, the most:
Diapers (size 4, 5, 6) and Wipes, Toilet Paper
Rice, Soup, Instant Potatoes, Dry Pasta, Jelly, Syrup,
Cereal, Mac & Cheese, Crackers, Juice Boxes, Pancake Mix
1. Blood donation is important because maintaining an adequate blood supply in our community secures blood transfusions for patients. And IT SAVES LIVES. The Gujarati Samaj of St. Louis organizes regular blood donation drives in tandem with local blood banks like Mississippi Regional Blood Center, America Red Cross and others.
2. Dozens of member volunteers traveled to Moore, Oklahoma to help the tornado ravaged communities with the storm recovery and cleanup.
3. Food Bank - our community youth stepped up to support fighting hunger and feeding hope in our community, by participating at the St. Louis Area Foodbank, spending time sorting, packing or stacking food and making an enormous difference for the food banks and the families they serve.
4. 5K Walk to promote exercising in our youth, encourage healthy habits and support the well-being of our members. These events our also a great way to get everyone outdoors and breath-in the fresh air.
5. Engaging senior residents in meaningful activities. Studies show that seniors who stay socially active and engaged experience a variety of benefits including an improved mental, emotional and physical well-being. Monthly, senior citizen events are hosted and facilitated by the members of our organization.
6. Cultural programming has been shown to help revitalize communities by increasing economic investment and strengthening social ties among residents. Cultural Programs a great way to introduce your child to the performing arts, designed to build your child’s confidence and self-esteem through movements and music all while having healthy fun! a diverse set of activities that include dance,s karaoke, skits, etc. participated by anyone with an interest to further their cultural knowledge and experience.